MCU Student Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

We recognize that many of our students have questions regarding how the ending of instruction at Mid-Continent University will affect them, their course credits, and the ability to complete their degree program.

While we do not have all the answers you may seek, please know that we are working diligently to determine answers for all of your questions.

Please know that Mid-Continent University remains accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and we continue to work directly with the Department of Education (DOE) and the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education with regard to closing of instruction at Mid-Continent University.  

To help facilitate better communication we are setting up a FAQs page for MCU students.  We will update this page with the most current information frequently.  If you do not find the answer to your question below, you may send an inquiry to MCU Student Information Services at and we will respond as soon as possible.


See Teach Out Agreement Comparison Chart


• What happens to my transcript?

Your transcripts remain with Mid-Continent University.  Any Changes will be posted.

• Are my credits still from an accredited university?

Mid-Continent University remained accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) through closing.  Any coursework you complete at a SACSCOC accredited school will be recognized by other accredited schools after our closure. Each institution has the right to determine what credits they will accept in transfer depending on the programs they offer. 

• What school will accept my credits when I transfer?

All credits should transfer to another credited university.  Special Teach Out agreements have been reached with Murray State University, Campbellsville University, and University of the Cumberlands which feature credit transfer arrangements that may benefit some students.  Please review the information provided.

• How can I get a transcript? And what is the fee?

Please use the Transcript Request Form on the Mid-Continent University web site. For official transcripts the $5 fee still applies.

• Who do I talk to about future Financial Aid?

Questions about future Financial Aid are best answered by the school you are transferring to or the US Department of Education.

• Who do I owe for my classes this semester?

A student who is enrolled at an institution has an obligation to pay for the education he or she has received.  Whether or not a student receives a Federal loan has no effect on the student’s obligation.  A Federal (or any other) loan simply provides a way to spread out a student’s payment over time.