Apply for Aid

How To Apply


1.     To Apply for Financial Aid:

  • Fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
  • Complete your FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1st with Mid Continent University (Federal School Code 025762) listed as a school choice.
  • If you applied for financial aid during the previous award year you should Complete a Renewal FAFSA.
  • Students and parents of dependent students should request a Personal Identification Number (PIN) at the U.S. Department of Education’s web site.  You will need the Federal Student Aid PIN to sign your FAFSA electronically.  The FAFSA will give you an option to apply for one when you finish, or you can get one now at  If accepting loans, you MUST also fill out a Master Promissory Note (MPN).


 2.    Application Results or Changes

  • A Student Aid Report (SAR) is provided to students, electronically when the financial aid application is processed.
  • The SAR should be reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
  • If the SAR has errors, electronic corrections can be made at the U.S. Department of Education’s FAFSA web site by using your PIN.  
  • Mid Continent University (MCU) receives SAR information electronically.  
  • If a financial aid application has been filed, but MCU was not listed as a school choice, a school change should be initiated through the U.S. Department of Education's FAFSA web site by using the PIN.
  • Students admitted to MCU may also request that the Financial Aid Office initiate a school change.
  • MCU (Federal School Code 025762) should be entered as a school choice.


3. Look for scholarships

(Note: Scholarships and grants are different!)  MCU does not provide scholarships for Advantage students, but there are some third-party sources where you may be eligible for additional funds.  There are even a few websites that will help in your search for aid: Adventures In Education, FinAid!, and Princeton Revieware some that provide free scholarships.


4. Automatic tuition payments through FACTS

This allows you to give permission for the school to automatically deduct tuition payments from your bank account on a monthly basis.  You may print and fill out a FACTS Automatic Tuition Payment Agreementand mail a copy of the agreement to MCU to begin this process.


5.  To apply for a In School Deferment

 If you have loans that were received due to previous educational enrollment, you may print and fill out an In-School Deferment Requestform to apply to defer payments on previous loans.